Friday, August 15, 2008

Page 4

...........

"Um, the guy!" Josh shouted, lifting to his feet, and reaching up to grab his mother by her shoulders and shake her back and forth. "He was like- I mean...I guess it was more like a ghost than a guy. Like, it was in me- like it came out of me, and then went back in. Do you think it was my soul?"

Katheryn (Josh's mother) eyed her son with a look that suggested he might soon be strangled in the untimely event of his not returning to bed..

"Oh and the um...universe may have exploded earlier. But...I guess that part might have been a dream."

"Just that part."

"Ummm..."

Before he could finish his answer, his mother had lifted him up over her head and slammed him back onto his bed. "Sleep!" she commanded, and stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

"You'll feel sorry when I'm dead!!!" he shouted after her, and spent the rest of the night sitting up in bed, waiting for the ghost man to come back out. He didn't get any sleep that night. Nothing too odd about that. The odd thing was that he didn't need any.

...

next page

previous page

No comments: